Friday, February 17, 2006

I keep a blog for perspective Randolph Macon College students , and here is the update I did today.

Wow! What a busy month I had! It’s obvious that life at Randolph-Macon is busy when students like me cannot even find time to update this blog! Anyways, January Term class wrapped up nicely, and students went home, or wherever, for a week off before starting Spring Term. Break was wonderfully relaxing and greatly needed to help me gear up for a busy spring. Students came back to school on Super bowl Sunday, and being from Pittsburgh, I was waving my terrible towel here at school with a few other Steelers fans.
Perhaps you’ve heard of the popularity of Greek organizations at Randolph-Macon. Well, everything you’ve heard is true. The first week of spring semester (last week), spring recruitment for fraternities and sororities began. Recruitment was SO much fun, even though it kept me extremely busy. It began on Monday and ended with bid turn in on Sunday. The way that recruitment works is that the first night you visit all four sorority houses for a casual party at each, the second night you visit three or two (depending if your GPA is up to par), and the last night you can visit only up to two. Saturday night was the most fun night, because the attire was semi-formal- hooray for the little black dress. After the parties on Saturday, we returned to Brown Campus Center to fill out what’s called a preference card. Each recruit put down her preferred order of sororities. This may not seem like a hard decision (it’s just a sorority, right?), but it was SO difficult. Each house is so different, but so wonderful, that deciding which one you want to be a part of for the rest of your life is not an easy decision. I decided to pledge Alpha Gamma Delta, and oh my gosh, it has been SO MUCH FUN! We have “sister mothers”, so a sister in the sorority becomes your mother during the 8 week pledge period. My sister mother is so cool; she got me so many presents and is so much fun!
What else has been going on? Classes, of course. This spring my classes should be pretty difficult, but I am really enjoying them. I have the second half of my FYEC, which is a literature class, Social Geography, Spanish 212, and Advanced Expository Writing. I am also doing pep band still, and this weekend we are going to play at the ODAC championships for basketball. It should be really exciting, hopefully the basketball team wins!
Ok, so to wrap this up-
1) Spring Semester is CRAZY BUSY!
2) Incoming freshmen girls, GO THROUGH RECRUITMENT, and last but not least…
3) Take advantage of any breaks you have throughout the year to RELAX!

No comments: