Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Describe your expectations for this class. What do you expect the class to be? What is influencing your perception of this class? What do you want to leave this class knowing? Goals/looking forward to/nervous? What is the most important change you want to see in yourself of your writing that you think this course could foster?
Because I had Dr. Malesh for a writing class last semester, I more than just expect a lot of work from this class, but I guarantee it. Nonetheless, it is work that I look forward to because I know that Dr. Maleshes expectations will help shape me into the kind of writer that I want to be. I expect to become a clearer and more concise writer, to understand and have resources readily available that will help me with writing, and to gain a confidence in myself as a writer. The reason I perceive this to be a difficult class is because I do expect a lot out of myself and want to improve my writing, and well, improvements never go down silkily but go down painfully and with stubbornness. Though my goals for this class are generally broad, I also have very specific skills that I will learn in this class that will increase my confidence. After this class I want to be able to tackle any writing project with enthusiasm and know-how.
My other goals for the class include:
1) To become less wordy
2) To be a clear writer
3) To be concise
4) To make convincing arguments
Those being my specific goals, the main goal I have is to put more personality and vitality into my writing, arguing and crafting my writing into something which compels and engages the reader. I want my readers to be in awe.

No comments: