Monday, February 27, 2006

Freewriting activity for Essay (note, this freewriting is extremely messy).

For my paper I want to talk about home schooling but mainly I want to talk about taxes and about why students and parents should be allowed to choose what type of education their children receive. For this I know that I should talk about different types of learning and how everyone learns very differently and why then people should be able to lean in a certain environment. Then I think I should talk about how each schooling system is unique and I guess why there is all this political upheaval anyways which is probably because nobody really knows why or how kids should what? Ok back on track so now the paper must talk about political controversy and why it exists and what it means to learn and how learning can be a mindset as well as an activity my own personal experiences I remember when I was home schooled I had a lot of time to go to the library and learn and go to the symphony, etc. As a result I feel much more cultured than other students and I think I am more motivated. Coming to college was no problem because I already knew time management because during the home schooling days I had to really use it. But I wonder if this is even applicable to my paper because well my goal is like a conversation talking about education, so then yes that could come into play at some point and be quite helpful to show a certain side even though I’m not trying to prove that home schooling is superior but I am trying to like I guess how parents should at least have the choice to choose whether they want to teach their child at home or not hmmm talk about statistics and the importance of education for societal advancement and why learning can and should be paid for by the state for both homeschoolers and public schoolers that way everyone can be educated.

Out of this free writing I realized a few main ideas that I need to talk about in my paper:
The back ground of home school and why people want to home school their children
How people learn in general and why learning occurs every where not just in the classroom
Public funding and the politics behind public school
Technicalities such as court cases and home school law
History that proves the need for change

No comments: